The first service implemented by specialists after the course at our eduPODOLOGIA.pl facility is
FOOT, GAIT, AND STABILOGRAPHY EXAMINATION
A detailed assessment of the structure and functionality of the feet is carried out using methods for assessing the feet while standing and walking, and if necessary in the targeted positions specified by the Specialist. During the GOOD SCHOOL OF ORTHOPODOLOGY (DSO) course, participants gain knowledge in the field of physical examination, functional tests and anthropometric measurements (PS. The detailed course program can be found HERE ). We also learn to assess defects and dysfunctions using foot scanning and podoscopy as well as pedobarography and plantocontourography.
it is used to assess the feet while standing and walking, running, etc. Most pedobarographs also allow you to assess body balance. Detailed functionalities, however, depend on the software that supports the pedobarograph. During our trainings and in the sales offer of PODOLOGIA.pl there is PEDOBAROGRAF EPS R2 and MPS (i.e. a long diagnostic platform). They are supported by the BIOMECH STUDIO software. They allow to obtain results in the following areas:
- foot arch (Arch Index), both in static and functional assessment (during walking),
- distribution of pressure during standing and locomotion, in each area of the foot (e.g. in the areas of the metatarsophalangeal joints MTPI-MTPV for the assessment of the transverse arch, in the medial/lateral part of the heel for the assessment of eversion and inversion of the heel, and thus defects valgus, varus, etc.),
- foot abduction angles, foot proportions, anthropometry measurements and indicators (e.g. forefoot abduction axis),
- foot propulsion, broken down into individual foot rolling phases (landing, full load, forefoot pronation, toe off),
- functional parameters (biomechanics) of feet: pressure force, contact time, acceleration,
- stabilometry – tests of body balance.
IT IS WORTH KNOWING THAT PEDOBAROGRAPHY is a test showing the image of the contact of the feet with the ground (the so-called unreal image). Therefore, an important aspect of the research methodology is to combine this examination with a physical examination and with the use of diagnostic methods to assess the actual image of the feet. These methods include podoscopy and foot scanning (so-called podoskaning).
FOOT SCAN (PODOSCANING)
It allows you to obtain an image of the feet by scanning them. Depending on the software used to operate the scanner, it may have different functionalities. During trainings and in the sales offer of PODOLOGIA.pl there is PODOSKAN 2D, operated by the same program as the pedobarograph, i.e. BIOMECH STUDIO. This combination of devices in one software allows you to combine the results, and thus conduct comparative analyzes of the real image of the feet from the scanner, with the distribution of pressure on the feet. Thus, it gives the opportunity to draw conclusions about the causes of e.g. overload changes, defects, etc. The functionalities of PODOSKAN 2D also include:
- anthropometry measurements (length, width, angular measurements)
- determination of diagnostic lines, in accordance with the methodology of foot examinations (ps. and other areas scanned with the 2D PODSCANNER)
- combining the scan results with the results of pedobarographic examination and/or implementing the results into programs, e.g. for designing individual orthopedic insoles, orthopedic footwear, relieving insoles, etc.
Just like PODOSKAN 2D, it is a device that allows you to assess the real image of feet. In the basic version, it is an analog device consisting of a transparent base made of plexiglass, placed several cm above the mirror, which allows you to observe the feet while standing, perform functional tests, etc.